- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sugar or orange-colored sugar
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and salt. Add flour; mix well. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle warm cookies with sugar. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Crispies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p35
Reviews for Orange Crispies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review