Orange Creme Squares Recipe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, juice drained and reserved
- 1. Combine crust ingredients and press into an 8-in. square pan. Chill. For filling, combine milk, ice cream and orange peel in a bowl. Add pudding mix, beating slowly with rotary beater or at lowest speed of a mixer until well blended. Pour over crust. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine cornstarch, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and reserved mandarin orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Arrange oranges on top of filling. Spoon glaze over top. Chill until set. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 263 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Orange Creme Squares
"So very delicious...I never make it without doubling the recipe!!"