- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, juice drained and reserved
- Combine crust ingredients and press into an 8-in. square pan. Chill. For filling, combine milk, ice cream and orange peel in a bowl. Add pudding mix, beating slowly with rotary beater or at lowest speed of a mixer until well blended. Pour over crust. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine cornstarch, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and reserved mandarin orange juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Arrange oranges on top of filling. Spoon glaze over top. Chill until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Orange Creme Squares in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p87
Reviews for Orange Creme Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"So very delicious...I never make it without doubling the recipe!!"