- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cover and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Spoon over crusts (pans will be full). Freeze for 10 minutes or until partially firm.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (24 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cream Freezer Dessert
"This was really good but I had to make 1 1/2 times the crust to fill the pan and have some for the topping. One recipe amt. did not cover the cookie sheet. I made one large cookie sheet and besides the crust I used one can of OJ and 1/2 gallon (2 qts.) ice cream. It got raves from everyone."
"You can serve it as soon as it is frozen but it will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months."
"I have not made the recipe, but I have a question, is it a typo to freeze for 2 months before serving?"
"This recipe is delicious but it definitely does not make enough crust. I had use a whole box of crackers per tray. But I went ahead and left the cup of butter and 3/4 sugar the same. It turned out great. Just kind of a pain to make. I kept the ice cream and orange juice the same measurements also. Just make sure and let your ice cream and orange juice thaw out really good."
"This recipe is good. HOWEVER, it does NOT make 2 pans. It only makes one cookie sheet sized pan. Not sure how anyone would get 2 pans out of this. I also only used one can of orange juice concentrate, and the orange taste was perfect. I suggest that NOBODY use 2 cans of juice. I can't even imagine how strong that would taste."
"I made this and it was really bitter????? Followed the recipe exactly....maybe I made a mistake and didn't realize it. Will give it another shot, but am going to taste the filling before I freeze it."