With its bold orange taste and cool smooth texture, this appealing ice cream dessert is crowd-pleaser. People who ask me for the recipe can't believe how easy it is to make. Plus, it serves a bunch. -Shannon Caroll Whittier, California
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cover and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Spoon over crusts (pans will be full). Freeze for 10 minutes or until partially firm.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (24 servings each).
Originally published as Orange Cream Freezer Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p40
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cream Freezer Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review