Orange Cream Dessert
For a light and refreshing ending to a meal, Peggy Detjen of Lakeville, Minnesota fills a cookie crumb crust with a combination of orange gelatin and ice cream. "You can use other flavors of gelatin," she shares. "I top slices with a dollop of whipped cream."
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange or lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1/4 cup
- for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. dish. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; cover and
- refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in ice cream until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with
- reserved crumb mixture. Chill until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 244 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.