- Prepare orange gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2
- cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin until slightly
- thickened, 40-60 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- the milk, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat on
- medium-high speed 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let
- stand for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is
- completely dissolved. Stir into the room-temperature orange gelatin.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture, then fold in whipped topping. Pour
- into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat whipped topping and sugar. Beat in
- refrigerated orange gelatin (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30
- minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with fruit
- and lemon balm if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 433 calories, 22 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.