I love serving this impressive-looking cheesecake with its pretty layers and silky-smooth texture. The combination of orange gelatin, cream cheese and whipped topping is simply irresistible. -Madonna Faunce, Boise, Idaho
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Citrus fruits and lemon balm, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, orange peel and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare orange gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin until slightly thickened, 40-60 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into the room-temperature orange gelatin. Stir into cream cheese mixture, then fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat whipped topping and sugar. Beat in refrigerated orange gelatin (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with fruit and lemon balm if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cream Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cream Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review