Orange Cream Cheese Muffins
When you make these in the Texas-size muffin pans, they certainly satisfy your hunger! These are very tasty muffins, and we really enjoy them.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons orange marmalade
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add the egg and juice. Beat
- well. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Grease six Texas-size or jumbo muffin pans generously. Spoon 1/4 cup
- batter into each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon marmalade into the center of
- each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for
- 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 jumbo muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.