Orange Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange Kool-Aid mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pacakge (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, Kool-Aid mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cream Cake
Sort By :
Oh my gosh, is this heavenly! So refreshing, and not too sweet. I did put the frosting in the 'fridge for about a half hour to thicken it, per the other reviews. I will make this again!
Delicious! Very light and refreshing! I did only use 1/2 cup cold water instead of 1cup as that is what most jello poke cakes call for in their recipes. The topping turned out great, too! Will make again!
This cake very moist and had a great flavor. However, like lilaccrew the frosting ended up like a thick sauce even though I refrigerated it for 5 hours after frosting it. The next day it was perfect.
Delicious and moist!
This cake sounded delicious as I read the ingredients, so I bought ingredients to make two; one to share, the other to snack on throughout the week. So glad I did! Everyone loved the refreshing taste after Sunday dinner.