Orange Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange Kool-Aid mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pacakge (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, Kool-Aid mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cream Cake(11)
Sort By :
Delicious and moist!
This cake sounded delicious as I read the ingredients, so I bought ingredients to make two; one to share, the other to snack on throughout the week. So glad I did! Everyone loved the refreshing taste after Sunday dinner.
The flavor was not bad. I had a lot of trouble with the frosting. It was too liquidy. I tried adding powdered sugar and a 1/2 cup of sour cream but still not solid enough.
First time I have ever made this cake and it will not be the last. It's a keeper. Excellent!
what is unsweetened orange soft drink mix? Is that KoolAid or Tang?