Orange Cream Cake Recipe
Kids of all ages will enjoy the old-fashioned flavor of this super-moist cake topped with a soft light frosting. "This dessert reminds me of the frozen Creamsicles I enjoyed as a child," remarks Star Pooley of Paradise, California.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange Kool-Aid mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pacakge (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, Kool-Aid mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC