Orange Cranberry Torte Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, buttermilk, applesauce, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the walnuts, cranberries, dates and orange peel.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 269 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Torte
"This recipe was good but I didn't think it was a wow recipe. Simple and basic. I will probably make this again."
"This cake was simple and basic. It was good. I made it for church and there was none left. I used orange extract in the glaze instead of orange juice. I just wouldn't rate this oh my! I have to make this again, kind of recipe."
"I added sub'd canned cherries instead of cranberries. So good!"
"Excellent, I made it without the nuts as I had a friend coming over that has an allery to nuts, I used dried cranberries and plumped them up with a little bit of boiling water. Will make this again and again."