Orange-Cranberry Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups each square oat cereal, Corn Chex and miniature pretzels
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereals and pretzels. In a small bowl, combine the concentrate, butter, brown sugar and spices. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread evenly in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 250° for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in berries. Cool, stirring several times. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
1/2 cup equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.