Orange Cranberry Relish
Fresh rosemary add an unique, but special flavor twist to homemade cranberry relish. It would be great along side most roasted meats or poultry.Nancy Mueller, Bloomington, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and orange peel.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the oranges, liqueur and rosemary.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 cups.
To Make Ahead: You can make this up to 1 week before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 60 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.