- In second large bowl, use a large spoon to mix together the flour,
- baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with the
- milk. Mix throughly.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes and remove from pan. Finish cooling on wire rack.
- For glaze, heat 1/3 cup butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir
- in sugar and vanilla. Stir in water. Drizzle over pound cake.
ORANGE-CRANBERRY MINI POUND CAKES WITH VANILLA GLAZE: Make batter as directed; fill 16 greased and floured 4-in. fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 658 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.