Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 658 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze
"this cake is outrageous-- 658calories for 1 slice with 30 grams of fat, 1/2 of which is saturated ....92 carbs would be 2 meals for a pre-diabetic person. I don't think those calories are correct. it doesn't look like it has that much butter..."
"I sent mini bundts out in my Christmas treat boxes this year... I received many compliments!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.