- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze
"this cake is outrageous-- 658calories for 1 slice with 30 grams of fat, 1/2 of which is saturated ....92 carbs would be 2 meals for a pre-diabetic person. I don't think those calories are correct. it doesn't look like it has that much butter..."
"I sent mini bundts out in my Christmas treat boxes this year... I received many compliments!"
"This cake is delicious and makes a nice cake to take to a gathering. It was a hit at our dinner 8!!!"