Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla glaze Recipe
For me, pound cake is both comforting and delicious. This buttery cake combines the tastes of both orange and cranberry and tops it off with a sweet vanilla glaze. — Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cupcranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt cake pan.
- Place sugar, 1 1/4 cup butter, orange extract and eggs in large mixing bowl. Mix on low 1 minute to combine. Scrape down bowl. Mix on on high for 5 minutes.
- In second large bowl, use a large spoon to mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with the milk. Mix throughly.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and orange peel; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes and remove from pan. Finish cooling on wire rack.
- For glaze, heat 1/3 cup butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in water. Drizzle over pound cake.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla glaze(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pound Cake >