For me, pound cake is both comforting and delicious. This buttery cake combines the tastes of both orange and cranberry and tops it off with a sweet vanilla glaze. — Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review