Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe
"I never liked oatmeal until I jazzed it up with fruit and nuts," reports Jenni Oyler from Poughkeepsie, New York. "Wheat germ adds a great flavor and a nice nutritional boost."
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water and orange juice concentrate to a boil. Stir in the oats, wheat germ and cranberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in oranges, brown sugar and walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC