"I never liked oatmeal until I jazzed it up with fruit and nuts," reports Jenni Oyler from Poughkeepsie, New York. "Wheat germ adds a great flavor and a nice nutritional boost."
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and orange juice concentrate to a boil. Stir in the oats, wheat germ and cranberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in oranges, brown sugar and walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Cranberry Oatmeal in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p16
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review