Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and orange juice concentrate to a boil. Stir in the oats, wheat germ and cranberries. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in oranges, brown sugar and walnuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Oatmeal(2)
Sort By :
Not a huge hit with my kids, but I liked it! I used milk instead of water and omitted the wheat germ (didn't have any one hand). I also doubled the recipe and used one 15 oz can of oranges, which seemed like plenty. Also used about 2 T. more brown sugar (for the double batch).
This is sooo heavenly!!! I use pecans instead of walnuts and I serve it with vanilla yogurt. I didn't have wheat germ so I put in wheat bran and it was fine. I considered omitting it. I think that would work just fine as well. It is much better than it sounds!!!