With the incredible combination of orange and cranberry, these bars are fast sellers at my church's Christmas bazaar.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and ginger; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the oats, coconut and orange peel.
- Place 3 cups of mixture in another bowl; stir in pecans. Set aside for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into a greased 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine cranberry sauce and orange marmalade; spread over crust. Top with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p147
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2012
"These yummy bars have already become a a Christmas cookie tradition at our house.Unless we eat them right away I've had trouble with them getting soggy. I tried mixing 2 tablespoons of corn starch into the filling and microwaving it until it's thick before I put it on the bottom layer. Problem solved. If you happen to have any left, they freeze very nicely."