With the incredible combination of orange and cranberry, these bars are fast sellers at my church's Christmas bazaar.—Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and ginger; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the oats, coconut and orange peel.
- Place 3 cups of mixture in another bowl; stir in pecans. Set aside for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into a greased 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine cranberry sauce and orange marmalade; spread over crust. Top with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p147
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2012
"These yummy bars have already become a a Christmas cookie tradition at our house.Unless we eat them right away I've had trouble with them getting soggy. I tried mixing 2 tablespoons of corn starch into the filling and microwaving it until it's thick before I put it on the bottom layer. Problem solved. If you happen to have any left, they freeze very nicely."