- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk or 2% milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until blended. Beat in orange peel, orange juice and milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, sugar and orange juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap each portion of dough and cut crosswise into 16 slices. Press onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups. Fill each with 2 teaspoons cranberry mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle with melted white chocolate; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Nut Tarts in Taste of Home December 2014, p66
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Nut Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review