Orange-Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Whisk the orange juice, egg, water and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries, nuts and orange peel.
- 2. Bake in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 157 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Nut Bread
"This recipe also makes 1 dozen muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes."
"If you like cranberry and citris, you will love it. I was given cranberry bread for my Thanksgiving dinner project. This sounded like the one my mom always made. I made it and was nervous because I am not a baker. It came out wonderful, the bread basket on Thanksgiving was empty, and everybody wanted it for breakfast the next day! It is easy, will make a great gift, and trust me your bread basket will be empty to!!"