—Marilyn Ellis, Canyon Lake, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Whisk the orange juice, egg, water and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries, nuts and orange peel.
- Bake in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Nut Bread in Country Woman September/October 1992, p36
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review