Orange Cranberry Gems
I often make these muffins ahead of time so then can be quickly reheated for a breakfast treat. The orange flavor is delightful.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, orange juice, butter and
- orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium,