- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, orange juice, butter and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Gems(2)
Sort By :
The orange flavour did not come through. The muffins are a bit heavy and not nice and fluffy.
The first time I made this recipe I found there to be far too much liquid in the recipe. The batter was extremely thin and the batter spillid over the edge rather than rising like they should. I did enjoy the flavor however; I was determined to modify the recipe so that the muffins would rise properly and not over flow the muffin tin. I reduced the buttermilk from 2/3 cup to 1/2 cup; I redeced the Orange juice from 1/3 cup to 1/4 cup. With these 2 modifications the muffins rose properly, were moist and the flavor was wonderful.