Orange Cranberry Chutney Recipe
"After my mother reminisced about the chutney my grandmother made years ago, I combined a few recipes into this version," explains Charlotte Carlile from Daytona Beach, Florida. "It has since become a favorite, particularly when served with turkey or pork."
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped peeled Golden Delicious apple
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or just until the cranberries start to pop. Stir in the apple. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until thickened and all berries have popped.
- 2. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
1/4 cup equals 122 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC