Orange Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
One year I wanted to serve something new for Christmas and I came up with this recipe. It has not only turned into a holiday tradition, but my family loves it so much I make it year round using frozen cranberries.Tammy Campbell, Chesapeake, Virginia
- 1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in orange peel; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of springform pan. Spoon cranberry topping over whole cheesecake or individual slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Cheesecake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p77
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >