- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Bread
Sort By :
"I halved the recipe since I didn't need quite so much, but accidentally didn't halve the amount of apple called for and this still turned out fantastic! I also used an entire bag of fresh cranberries chopped finely. These were a hit!"
"Delicious and low-fat. I used half whole wheat flour, and mashed banana for half the sugar. I swirled my leftover Christmas cranberry sauce (instead of chopped cranberries) into the batter right before baking. Yummy!"
"WOW, this is best orange cranberry bread ever! I used walnuts inplace of the apples and added an extra 1/4 cup OJ and used dried cranberriesand it was simply delicious!"
"Best cranberry bread I ever made. Great with butter, ice cream, Cool Whip or cream cheese."
"you"ve got a Winner here. Very Good! It`s nice to know us men can cook to. Great Job!"