Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Bread(5)
Sort By :
Best cranberry bread I ever made. Great with butter, ice cream, Cool Whip or cream cheese.
you"ve got a Winner here. Very Good! It`s nice to know us men can cook to. Great Job!
Great with whole wheat flour. Skim milk worked fine.
I've been making this recipe for over 45 years and it's still one of my familys favorites during the holidays with a cup of tea or coffee.
i made this during christmas time and it is really good!!!!