- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide the salad greens among four salad plates. Sprinkle with the chow mein noodles. Top each with about 3/4 cup crab mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Serve with crab salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Crab Salad in Country Extra July 2004, p51
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Orange Crab Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review