Orange Corn Muffins Recipe
"THIS IS an old recipe that I decided to improve uponI thought the topping was too sweet, so I just left it off. I also took out the pecans that the recipe called for. Sometime, I'll make lemon corn muffins by substituting lemon peel if I don't happen to have any oranges on hand."
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and orange peel. Stir into cornmeal mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Corn Muffins in Reminisce May/June 1992, p33
Reviews for Orange Corn Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2010
A perfect muffin with a cup of tea or coffee. Very light and refreshing. I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe. The flavor is perfectly balanced. Thank you!