Orange Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 277 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Coffee Cake
"Good consistency and flavor. I used Splenda to cut down on the sugar in the mix and it worked fine. I also used some orange extract to enhance the flavor of the orange. Will definately make this again."