Orange Coconut Custard
These pretty parfaits are perfect for weekend guests as well as for the family during the week. I sometimes add banana slices for more tropical flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh orange sections
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add the
- milk; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in extracts.
- In four individual dessert glasses or bowls, layer the custard,
- whipped cream, orange sections and coconut. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 262 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium,