Orange Coconut Crescents Recipe
"These rich rolls are perfect for brunch when served with fresh fruit and just-perked coffee," notes Becky Bobier of South Sioux City, Nebraska. They start with convenient crescent rolls and get their special flavor from coconut and grated orange peel.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Separate crescent rolls; spread with butter. In a bowl, combine coconut, sugar and orange peel. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining coconut mixture over butter.
- 2. Roll up and place, point side down, on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes or until mixture is glossy. Cool slightly; pour over warm rolls. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Coconut Crescents
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC