"These rich rolls are perfect for brunch when served with fresh fruit and just-perked coffee," notes Becky Bobier of South Sioux City, Nebraska. They start with convenient crescent rolls and get their special flavor from coconut and grated orange peel.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Separate crescent rolls; spread with butter. In a bowl, combine coconut, sugar and orange peel. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining coconut mixture over butter.
- Roll up and place, point side down, on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes or until mixture is glossy. Cool slightly; pour over warm rolls. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Orange Coconut Crescents in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p36
Reviews for Orange Coconut Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"These were so easy and tasted great. I got alot of compliments."