Orange Coconut Creams Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until the butter is melted. Place the confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add milk mixture; beat until smooth. Add the coconut and orange extract; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a microwave, melt the chips, chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 9 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Coconut Creams
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.