Orange Coconut Creams
Originally a gift from our neighbors, this recipe has become one of our own favorites to make and give at the holidays. —Julie Fornshell, Bismark, North Dakota
108 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter. Cook and stir over low
- heat until the butter is melted. Place the confectioners' sugar in a
- large bowl. Add milk mixture; beat until smooth. Add the coconut and
- orange extract; mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt the chips, chocolate and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.