- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar. Cool on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioner's sugar after cooling. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Cocoa Sandies
Sort By :
When I made these I added more of the orange extract because you couldn't taste the orange. They were good!
I haven't actually made these yet, two questions. May I use margarine, and if I wanted to not use cocoa, what do I use in it's place? Could I just omit it?