Orange Cocoa Sandies
When I was growing up, I loved to help my mom cut out the appealing dessert recipes from newspapers and magazines. Then we would paste them all into a big book. This recipe is one of our favorites from the collection.
22 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup
- confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. In another bowl,
- whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar. Cool on wire racks. If
- desired, reroll cookies in confectioner's sugar after cooling.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.