When I was growing up, I loved to help my mom cut out the appealing dessert recipes from newspapers and magazines. Then we would paste them all into a big book. This recipe is one of our favorites from the collection.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and extract until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour and cocoa; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1-2 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioner's sugar. Cool on wire racks. If desired, reroll cookies in confectioner's sugar after cooling. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Cocoa Sandies in Reminisce Extra May 2010, p53
Reviews for Orange Cocoa Sandies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"When I made these I added more of the orange extract because you couldn't taste the orange. They were good!"