This delightfully different dish was in the first cookbook I used as a new bride. My guests commented on the fruity flavor, which made me feel proud of my accomplishment!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Orange slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and orange juice. In another bowl, mix
- bread crumbs, paprika, salt and orange peel. Dip chicken pieces in
- egg mixture, then in crumb mixture. Place, skin side down, in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Top with orange slices and sprinkle with
- parsley. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 690 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 290 mg cholesterol, 1,300 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 56 g protein.