Orange-Coated Chicken Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Orange slices
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and orange juice. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, paprika, salt and orange peel. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture. Place, skin side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with orange slices and sprinkle with parsley. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (14 ounces) equals 690 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 290 mg cholesterol, 1,300 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.