"This bread is scrumptious," assures Nancy Means, Moline, Illinois.
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. Add the egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the cinnamon, orange peel and remaining sugar; set aside 1-1/2 teaspoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over batter. Carefully top with remaining batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Originally published as Cinnamon-Orange Swirl Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p31
Reviews for Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review