Orange Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
“I've been making this recipe from my grandmother for years-it's a favorite on Sunday mornings! The orange zest, juice and nuts give the rolls great flavor.” Donna Taylor - Southbridge, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:28 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. square. Spread butter over dough. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 roll equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC