Orange Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. square. Spread butter over dough. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Cinnamon Rolls(7)
Sort By :
The orange and pecan flavors are perfectly balanced in this recipe. Next time I'll make it with another dough from scratch. I think it was tricky squeezing 12 rolls into each 9-inch pan. They were too small for our liking. I'd probably cut the slices into 1-inch pieces, and fit 6 per pan. That way they would have room to rise nicely.
I made these with out the orange peel and they were wonderful! My husband and brother-in-law ate most of them before I could make the icing. I also did not get as many as the recipe claims. In the future I will always double this.
I made these for breakfast Sunday morning. They were delicious. I did not get as many as the recipe said that I would. Just one pan instead of two. But they were wonderful and I will be making them again.
I made these cinnamon rolls but I used my own sweet dough mixture in lieu of frozen dough. It is important to let the dough rest for at least tne minutes before rolling ... makes it easier to roll. The end results for me was they were absolutely delicious and soon disappeared.