“I've been making this recipe from my grandmother for years-it's a favorite on Sunday mornings! The orange zest, juice and nuts give the rolls great flavor.” Donna Taylor - Southbridge, Massachusetts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. square. Spread butter over dough. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Cinnamon Rolls in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p58
Reviews for Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review