Orange-Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 slices bread
- Additional honey, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired, salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 158 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
"This had too much orange flavor for our tastes."
"Wow! This is excellent. My whole family loved this and gobbled it up quickly. I did add a little cinnamon to the orange/egg mixture. It was great with honey or maple syrup."
"Amazingly simple, and a huge hit at Christmas brunch!"
"I first found this recipe in the Taste of Home cookbook and it is very good! It is a good switch from grilling. Will continue to make, thanks for the recipe!!"