Orange-Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 slices bread
- Additional honey, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired, salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter; serve with honey if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 158 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
"I cut the recipe in thirds and baked it in an 8X8 baking dish. Delicious and easy to prepare.Thank you, Bernice for sharing this recipe."
"This had too much orange flavor for our tastes."
"This was a quick and tasty breakfast! Would be even better with an orange-infused syrup or honey to drizzle on top."
"This was a good, easy breakfast. Nice flavors and I liked the honey drizzle."
"Wow! This is excellent. My whole family loved this and gobbled it up quickly. I did add a little cinnamon to the orange/egg mixture. It was great with honey or maple syrup."
"Amazingly simple, and a huge hit at christmas brunch!"
"This is so much better if you make your own bread-I used Orange Cinnamon Bread (TOH) without the glaze-definitely worth the work!"
"I first found this recipe in the Taste of Home cookbook and it is very good! It is a good switch from grilling. Will continue to make, thanks for the recipe!!"