Orange-Cinnamon French Toast
"Everyone eats at the same time when you fix this tasty oven-baked French toast," remarks Bernice Smith of Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 slices bread
- Additional honey, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, honey and cinnamon. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread to coat bottom of pan.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice and, if desired,
- salt. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto
- a serving platter; serve with honey if desired. Yield: 6 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.