Orange-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I developed this recipe after years of searching for a chocolate chip cookie that would stand out from all others. Orange and cinnamon are tasty additions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips and walnuts. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 386 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC