Orange Chocolate Tart Recipe
Our Test Kitchen whipped up this delectable dessert. A fudgy filling flavored with orange extract is baked in a pastry crust, spread with whipped topping, then garnished with orange peel and chocolate hearts.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Orange peel, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter and five chocolate squares. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange extract until thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Beat in flour; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Melt remaining chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe eight to 10 small hearts onto the waxed paper. Refrigerate until set. Spread whipped topping on pie; garnish with chocolate hearts and orange peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC