Orange Chocolate Ricotta Pie Recipe
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, chocolate chips, sugar, orange peel and, if desired, orange liqueur.
- Roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Fill with ricotta mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry into an 11-in. circle; cut into 1-in.-wide strips. Lay half of the strips across the pie, about 1-in. apart. Fold back every other strip halfway. Lay another strip across center of pie at a right angle. Unfold strips over center strip. Fold back the alternate strips; place a second strip across the pie. Continue to add strips until pie is covered with lattice. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Ricotta Pie(3)
Sort By :
The brand of ricotta cheese used in this recipe does make a difference. First time was heavy and somewhat dry. Second time, I could tell right away the ricotta was better texture and flavor. Great the second time.
Very dry, and my husband thought the texture was "weird" which I attributed to the ricotta cheese
We used orange flavoring (about a tablespoon or more if you really like orange) and added a bit more chocolate. Was very good and very easy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >