Orange Chocolate Ricotta Pie Recipe
A traditional Italian dessert served during the holidays and for special occasions, the orange and chocolate flavors make a classic Italian pairing. The result is rich and tangy - a perfect finale to a Mediterranean-style dinner. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, optional
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, chocolate chips, sugar, orange peel and, if desired, orange liqueur.
- 2. Roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Fill with ricotta mixture.
- 3. Roll out remaining pastry into an 11-in. circle; cut into 1-in.-wide strips. Lay half of the strips across the pie, about 1-in. apart. Fold back every other strip halfway. Lay another strip across center of pie at a right angle. Unfold strips over center strip. Fold back the alternate strips; place a second strip across the pie. Continue to add strips until pie is covered with lattice. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice (calculated without liqueur) equals 525 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Chocolate Ricotta Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC