Orange Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Melt-in-your-mouth desserts just don’t come easier than this to-die-for chocolate pudding with a hint of orange. Our thanks to Carol Norman of North Sydney, Nova Scotia for the recipe!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over medium heat; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and orange juice concentrate. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- 2. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until mixture reaches 160° or coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 352 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC